Saturday, March 12, 2011

I posted a truck for sale on craigslist someone came to test drive it and backed it into a tree.?

I need some advice I posted a truck for sale on craigslist a lady and her husband went to my parents house to test drive it and backed it into a tree. I had not driven the vehicle in over a year it needed some work done, i turned in the tags and took it off my insurance. I decided a year later to repair it and sell it, this lady backed into a tree in my parents yard she admitted fault and file a claim with her auto insurance, they came out and did an estimate they determined the damaged to be $696 but only paid me $196 because she had a $500 deductible they said I had to work something out with her on the deductible at first she said she was going to pay it when she got her tax return now she said if I take it to a shop to get it fixed she will pay the shop the $500, I have reposted the vehicle for $800 less than the original amount and am having to tell everyone who inquires about it what happened this is holding up my sale I want her to pay the $500 deductible because now I can't sel the truck for as much and had alot of interested in it until this happens. What should I do? Should I take her to court? Do I have a good chance of winning?

No comments:

Post a Comment